is a large online platform sharing the best live coverage of your favourite sports: Football, Golf, Rugby, Cricket, F1, Boxing, NFL, NBA, plus the latest sports news, transfers & scores. Exclusive interviews, fresh photos and videos, breaking news. Stay tuned to know everything you wish about your favorite stars 24/7. Check our daily updates and make sure you don't miss anything about celebrities' lives.


  • Owner: SNOWLAND s.r.o.
  • Registration certificate 06691200
  • 16200, Na okraji 381/41, Veleslavín, 162 00 Praha 6
  • Czech Republic

Neil Warnock handed Derek McInnes Aberdeen reunion 22 years after brutal 'Battle of Bramall Lane'

The Scottish Cup quarter final clash between Aberdeen and Kilmarnock will see two managers come face to face for the first time in 12 years.

Interim Pittodrie boss Neil Warnock's Dons will host Derek McInnes' Killie on the weekend of March 9/10. The two gaffers will be in opposing dugouts for the first time since September 2012, where Warnock's Leeds United side came out on top in a thrilling 3-2 victory against McInnes' Bristol City in the English Championship. The duo were set to pit their wits against each other once again in the return fixture later that season, only for McInnes to be relieved of his duties seven days before the game in January 2013.

But the most high-profile encounter involving the two managers came over a decade earlier, when McInnes was still lacing up his boots for West Brom. In an infamous encounter which was latter dubbed "The Battle of Bramall Lane," on March, 16, 2002 a second tier match between Sheffield United and West Brom had to be abandoned due to the small number of players left on the field.

After just nine minutes of play, Blades keeper Simon Tracey was the first player to be given his marching orders after deliberately handling the ball outside his area to prevent a shot at goal. That sending off gave the visitors the initiative, and after striker Scott Dobie had given Albion a first half lead, club captain McInnes made it 2-0 after 63 minutes with a thunderous drive from outside the area.

Just two minutes later, the game then descended into chaos when two more Sheffield United players, who had only been on the pitch for a matter of minutes, also saw red. Cape Verde international Georges Santos was sent off for a shocking lunge on Albion's Andy Johnson before fellow sub Patrick Suffo