NFL reviewing Ravens' Bateman over domestic violence arrest - ESPN
BALTIMORE — The Ravens said Friday they are aware of Rashod Bateman's arrest in June in Georgia regarding an alleged domestic violence incident and have been in contact with their receiver.
The Ravens have informed the NFL, and league spokesperson Brian McCarthy said the case is under review for the personal conduct policy.
«We notified the league office and have been cooperating throughout the process,» the team said in a statement. «As this is a pending legal matter, we will not have further comment.»
According to TMZ, Bateman was arrested after smashing a window of the vehicle being driven by the mother of his child, with the 3-month-old inside. TMZ cited court documents that said the woman told authorities that the incident happened around 6 a.m. on June 6.
According to the arrest warrant, Bateman used an object to smash the driver's side window, and the shattered glass caused multiple small lacerations to the woman's face.
Bateman's representatives said the receiver turned himself in to the Walton County sheriff's office the same day. A court later granted Bateman's request to lift a no-contact order after he said the woman indicated that she wanted contact with him.
«It is unfortunate that a personal family situation has been taken completely out of context for sensational reasons,» Bateman's attorney Jordan Siev said in a statement to The Associated Press. «We will let the court process play out, and the facts will come out at that time.»
Walton County authorities didn't immediately respond to a message from the AP.
Last year, Bateman signed a three-year, $37 million contract extension after career bests of 756 yards and nine touchdowns receiving in 2024. The 26-year-old Georgia native who played in college at


