Jaylen Brown considering legal action against Beverly Hills - ESPN
SAN FRANCISCO — Boston Celtics forward Jaylen Brown is considering legal action against the city of Beverly Hills, he told ESPN's Andscape, after police shut down a private event he was hosting Saturday during NBA All-Star Weekend.
Brown told Andscape he was embarrassed and angered by Beverly Hills police shutting down his event around 7 p.m. Saturday without any discussions with him or the owner of the house. Brown previously said that shutting the event down based on the belief of officials who did not enter the home «raises serious due-process concerns» and led to «significant financial and reputational harm.»
«I'm not a legality type of pursuing guy, but you embarrassed my brand and my team. And I think that is unfair,» Brown told Andscape. «And for you to continue to tell untruths in your apology statement, I feel offended by it. I will circle back with my team this weekend, and we will make a decision.»
He added: «It's hard to say that you were not being targeted.»
The 2024 NBA Finals MVP, speaking to Andscape after the Celtics' 121-110 victory over the Golden State Warriors, said he spent $300,000 on the canceled event while his sponsors spent roughly $300,000 to $500,000.
The city of Beverly Hills apologized to Brown on Thursday, noting that a previous statement about what led police to shut down the event was inaccurate. Brown has continued to take issue with the city's action, which he said was «based on biased information.»
The Boston Globe reported Sunday that an event permit had been rejected because of previous violations at the Beverly Hills home owned by Oakley founder Jim Jannard. Brown had said that was «completely false» since the event — to promote Brown's Oakley performance brand, 741Performance —


