Watkins attracting offers as Villa continue reset under Emery
Aug 21 : Aston Villa could lose Ollie Watkins after receiving offers for the England forward, who could become the club's latest high-profile departure, manager Unai Emery said on Friday.
Villa's Youri Tielemans has joined Manchester United and Morgan Rogers moved to Chelsea for a British record fee, while Jadon Sancho, Douglas Luiz and Lucas Digne have also left.
"We have an issue with him (Watkins), it's clear. He's a player we have offers for ... I don't want to sell him, but it can change if it is a good option for him and the club and I can replace him in the squad," Emery told reporters on Friday.
"... there are still 10 days left before the transfer window closes. We will see what happens but I am happy with him and if he stays with us then he will continue at his level."
Asked whether Watkins would feature in Villa's Premier League opener at Brighton & Hove Albion on Sunday, Emery said: "I don't know, maybe you have more information than us."
Emery also provided an update on Villa goalkeeper Emi Martinez, whose future remains uncertain after reports that a proposed move to Juventus collapsed.
However, the Spaniard stopped short of confirming whether the Argentina international had indicated a desire to remain at Villa Park amid ongoing transfer speculation.
Villa have signed Japan goalkeeper Zion Suzuki, providing additional competition and cover should Martinez leave before the transfer window closes on September 1.
"We can share both. Is this scenario a bad scenario? We have two excellent goalkeepers," he said.
"Martinez transmitted to us the possibility of having another challenge in his career, not just now but even last year. He was thinking that if he had the opportunity to change his challenge, then he could do


