is a large online platform sharing the best live coverage of your favourite sports: Football, Golf, Rugby, Cricket, F1, Boxing, NFL, NBA, plus the latest sports news, transfers & scores. Exclusive interviews, fresh photos and videos, breaking news. Stay tuned to know everything you wish about your favorite stars 24/7. Check our daily updates and make sure you don't miss anything about celebrities' lives.


  • Owner: SNOWLAND s.r.o.
  • Registration certificate 06691200
  • 16200, Na okraji 381/41, Veleslavín, 162 00 Praha 6
  • Czech Republic

Vets' warning over common vegetable that can kill dogs

A specialist vet has issued an urgent warning for all dog owners over the risks of letting them eat corn.

Haven Vets in Hull had to perform life-saving surgery on Roman the Cocker Spaniel after he ate the common vegetable at his home. X-rays revealed that the corn on the cob remained solid in the two-year-old's stomach, causing a blockage.

This is a common issue for dogs that eat corn because while it is not toxic like chocolate or other vegetables, it cannot be digested properly and thus prevents solids and fluids from passing through the stomach. As this situation can be fatal for any pup, vets have to remove the corn, the Mirror reports.

Read more: Full list of dog breeds banned in the UK as XL Bully to be added

Haven Vets is urging dog owners to stay vigilant when dogs are in the kitchen, near barbecues, picnics, and any waste they could consume. Jordan Sinclair, the specialist who removed the blockage with a small incision, said: "Corn on the cob can cause choking in dogs or it is highly likely to cause a blockage as it passes through the gastric tract if they do manage to swallow it.

"They will start being sick and if it gets lodged in the intestine it can cause parts of the gut to die off and affect the blood supply to those areas. There’s a risk the dog could become very ill or even die. Thankfully Roman’s owners acted very quickly, which is really important and made it much more likely that he went on to make a full recovery.

"I would urge dog owners to be extra careful with any food at home and when out walking. If you think they have swallowed something they shouldn’t, get them to the vet as soon as possible."

Read more: Woman banned for life from having pets after cat and dogs found in 'disgusting