Reijnders leaves Man City for Saudi’s Al-Qadsiah
RIYADH: Dutch midfielder Tijjani Reijnders has arrived in Saudi Arabia after completing a move from Manchester City to Al-Qadsiah on a contract running until 2031, a club official told AFP on Wednesday.
An AFP correspondent saw the Netherlands international enter the club’s headquarters in the eastern city of Al-Khobar on Tuesday.
Reports said Al-Qadsiah paid around 61 million euros ($71 million) for the 28-year-old, who represented the Netherlands at the 2026 World Cup in North America.
The résumé is stacked! Best chapter starts now. #AlQadsiah | #TijjaniQadsawi
— AlQadsiah Saudi Club (@AlQadsiahEN) August 19, 2026
Reijnders had been under contract with City until June 2030 after joining the Premier League club from AC Milan last year. He trained separately from the first-team squad last week before missing City’s 3-0 defeat by Arsenal in the FA Community Shield.
His departure is the latest change in a significant midfield reshuffle at City following Rodri’s move to Barcelona. The English club have also been linked with Chelsea and Argentina midfielder Enzo Fernandez.
A Dutch Artist, Officially Qadsawi#AlQadsiah | #TijjaniQadsawi pic.twitter.com/muQACiuENd
— AlQadsiah Saudi Club (@AlQadsiahEN) August 19, 2026
Reijnders made 47 appearances in all competitions under former City manager Pep Guardiola last season, scoring seven goals.
Al-Qadsiah are backed by Aramco and coached by former Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers.


