is a large online platform sharing the best live coverage of your favourite sports: Football, Golf, Rugby, Cricket, F1, Boxing, NFL, NBA, plus the latest sports news, transfers & scores. Exclusive interviews, fresh photos and videos, breaking news. Stay tuned to know everything you wish about your favorite stars 24/7. Check our daily updates and make sure you don't miss anything about celebrities' lives.


  • Owner: SNOWLAND s.r.o.
  • Registration certificate 06691200
  • 16200, Na okraji 381/41, Veleslavín, 162 00 Praha 6
  • Czech Republic

Murder accused told man 'payback's a bitch' after attack, jury hears

A man accused of murder told his alleged victim "payback's a bitch" after attacking him with a bottle during an argument, a jury was told.

Shane Maloney died nearly 16 months after he was left with a "severe brain injury" following the alleged assault at a house in Wigan Road, Leigh.

Dean Hughes (06/06/1977) has gone on trial at Manchester Crown Court accused of his murder. Hughes, of no fixed abode, denies the charge.

READ MORE: 'Eyesores' have appeared outside Manchester Piccadilly station

On the first day of the murder trial today, prosecutor Michael Brady KC told the court that paramedics and police had been called to the house on the evening of November 8, 2019.

They found Mr Maloney lying in a ginnel at the back of the property, he added. Jurors heard that the 26-year-old was unconscious, covered in blood and had a large cut to his head.

Hughes was also present at the address along with his girlfriend and Mr Maloney's girlfriend, Mr Brady told the court.

Police officers who attended the scene noticed that Hughes was "unsteady on his feet" and appeared be under the influence of drink or drugs, jurors heard.

Gordon Beattie, a police officer who attended the address, described Hughes as "hysterical" and said he appeared to have swelling and bruising to his right eye while his hands and clothes were covered in blood.

While Mr Maloney was unconscious, jurors heard that video footage captured Hughes telling him “payback’s a bitch”.

Footage played to the jury also showed Hughes telling a police officer that Mr Maloney had "smacked me over the head with a big massive champagne bottle", before adding: "He punched the f*** out of me."

Mr Maloney was taken to hospital, having suffered bleeding and bruising to the