LIVE updates as search for four teenage boys missing after camping trip in North Wales underway
Emergency services are searching for four teenage boys who went missing after a camping trip in Snowdonia, North Wales.
The four boys - Jevon Hirst, Harvey Owen, Wilf Henderson, and Hugo Morris - are understood to have been on a camping trip in Gwynedd and were in the Harlech and Porthmadog areas. All four are believed to be from Shrewsbury in Shropshire.
Search and rescue teams are covering a wide search area around Penrhyndeudraeth as well as the Nantmor and Beddgelert areas, North Wales Live reports. Police said the boys were last seen in Gwynedd on Sunday morning (November 19).
READ MORE: Police issue urgent appeal as four teenage boys go missing 'on camping trip'
Read more national news stories from the Manchester Evening News here.
Chris Lloyd, chairman of the Ogwen Valley Mountain Rescue Team, told the BBC they were called out by North Wales Police yesterday afternoon. The group are believed to have been travelling in a silver Ford Fiesta with the registration HY14 GVO.
Mr Lloyd said: "Our first job was to look for any indication they were on the mountain. We deployed two or three teams to drive around all the carparks. We cannot find the car. We are still actively looking for it and are continuing to search."
Scroll down for live updates from North Wales Live...
A police statement will be read to the media by Superintendent Owain Llewelyn at 4.30pm today at North Wales Police HQ in St Asaph in relation to the search for four teenage boys in the Porthmadog area.
The Mirror have been told by retired headteacher Ann Hodgkin, from Nantmor, that she had been woken at 5am by the sound of a helicopter circling overhead. She said: “I heard the helicopter going round and round at 5am this morning.