Job not over, says De Zerbi, as Tottenham head to Chelsea with survival close
LONDON, May 18 : Tottenham Hotspur's Premier League survival path suddenly looks a lot less treacherous as they head to Stamford Bridge to face Chelsea on Tuesday but manager Roberto de Zerbi says his rescue mission is far from complete.
The Italian has overseen an upswing in results since being appointed in March with Tottenham taking eight points from a possible 15 to climb out of the bottom three.
West Ham United's 3-1 defeat at Newcastle United on Sunday means Tottenham will be mathematically safe from a first relegation since 1977 if they take two points from their final two games, away to Chelsea and at home to Everton.
Even a draw at Chelsea would all but guarantee Tottenham's survival as that would put them three points clear of West Ham with one game left and with a far superior goal difference.
"Now we have to reach the target and to make another result. We have to play another two games," De Zerbi told reporters at Tottenham's training ground on Monday.
"It is not finished yet. We have to make a point in the Premier League and especially in the Premier League, to make one point you have to fight and play very well.
"We have to keep focused on the game and then we can answer and make a big press conference (about what went wrong this season). Now is not the right time."
KINSKY LIKELY TO KEEP HIS PLACE
De Zerbi will have first-choice goalkeeper Guglielmo Vicario available again for the last two games although hinted that he will remain faithful to Antonin Kinsky. Playmaker James Maddison could also play some part after returning off the bench against Leeds United last week but striker Dominic Solanke will miss out.
While 17th-placed Tottenham are now within touching distance of top-flight safety, fans will still be wary


