England hand out first multi-year central contracts
:England's Harry Brook, Joe Root and Mark Wood have been handed three-year central contracts as part of a new multi-year system, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Tuesday.
Players.bio is a large online platform sharing the best live coverage of your favourite sports: Football, Golf, Rugby, Cricket, F1, Boxing, NFL, NBA, plus the latest sports news, transfers & scores. Exclusive interviews, fresh photos and videos, breaking news. Stay tuned to know everything you wish about your favorite stars 24/7. Check our daily updates and make sure you don't miss anything about celebrities' lives.

:England's Harry Brook, Joe Root and Mark Wood have been handed three-year central contracts as part of a new multi-year system, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Tuesday.
Harry Brook has been selected for England's Cricket World Cup squad after Jason Roy was dropped to make way for the dynamic young batsman. Roy was included in England's provisional 15-man squad, but the selectors made a last-minute switch by naming Brook instead for the tournament in India. Roy missed the recent one-day internationals against New Zealand because of back spasms, leaving him unable to hold off the mounting calls for the big-hitting Brook to be selected. Brook was part of the England Test side that rescued a 2-2 Ashes series draw against Australia earlier this season and also impressed with his powerful stroke-play for Northern Superchargers in The Hundred.
Simon Cook has revealed a message he’s received from England managing director and former team-mate Rob Key upon being named Kent’s new director of cricket.
Kent’s new director of cricket has been named - and it’s someone already part of their coaching staff.
Australia's World Cup winning captain Ricky Ponting has revealed that he was approached for the England Test coaching role before Brendon McCullum took over last year. After an embarrassing 0-4 Ashes defeat Down Under, the England men's team set up went through a massive overhaul with McCullum and Matthew Mott replacing Chris Silverwood as the Test and white-ball coaches respectively. Test skipper Joe Root also stepped down from captaincy while batting mentor Graham Thorpe and managing director Ashley Giles also lost their jobs.
Can England regain the Ashes playing their ultra-aggressive "Bazball" brand of cricket or will they come unstuck against battle-hardened Australia? The answer will come over the coming weeks, starting with the first Test of a hotly anticipated five-match series at Edgbaston on Friday. England have forced the rest of the world to sit up and take notice, with 11 wins in 13 Tests since captain Ben Stokes and coach Brendon McCullum joined forces last year.
All-rounder Moeen Ali came out of Test retirement on Wednesday to bolster the England squad for the first two Tests of the Ashes.
Moeen Ali has come out of Test retirement to join England’s squad for the first two Ashes Tests against Australia. The all-rounder has not played a Test since retiring from the format in September 2021. Ad However, he has returned following an injury to spinner Jack Leach which has ruled him out of the five-match series.