Rookie spinner Shoaib Bashir 'very surprised' by England call-up for India tour
Uncapped spinner Shoaib Bashir has been called-up by England for the Test series in India, only six months after making his first-class debut.
Players.bio is a large online platform sharing the best live coverage of your favourite sports: Football, Golf, Rugby, Cricket, F1, Boxing, NFL, NBA, plus the latest sports news, transfers & scores. Exclusive interviews, fresh photos and videos, breaking news. Stay tuned to know everything you wish about your favorite stars 24/7. Check our daily updates and make sure you don't miss anything about celebrities' lives.

Uncapped spinner Shoaib Bashir has been called-up by England for the Test series in India, only six months after making his first-class debut.
England batter Harry Brook revealed that he agreed to sign a three-year central contract for the senior men's national side "as soon as they called him" according to an interview to ESPNCricinfo. Brook along with pacer Mark Wood and batter Joe Root are the only players to have signed the three-year deal with the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB). Brook is in his 20s, at 24 years of age unlike the other two players in their 30s and is also highly-sought after in the T20 league circuit, becoming an Indian Premier League (IPL) big buy after being picked by Sunrisers Hyderabad for Rs 13.25 crores last year.
NEW DELHI : Joe Root has opted out of next year's Indian Premier League (IPL), his franchise said, following his England team mate Ben Stokes, who made himself unavailable for the T20 league, citing workload.
England's managing director Rob Key said his decision to prioritise test cricket over one-day internationals played a role in the side's dismal World Cup campaign, adding that coach Matthew Mott has his "full backing".
England managing director Rob Key insists that Test captain Ben Stokes is “completely committed” to playing for his country despite turning down a three-year contract.
:England test captain Ben Stokes has been handed a one-year central contract, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Tuesday as it revealed a new multi-year system.
Seven players, including Harry Brook, were among 29 England cricketers who were awarded central contracts by the ECB for the first time, while premier all-rounder and Test captain Ben Stokes was given a one-year contract on Tuesday. The deal pre-dated from October 1 this year also includes a first-of-its-kind multi-year contracts, which were offered to 18 players including Brook, Joe Root and recuperating pacer Jofra Archer. Apart from Brook, Rehan Ahmed, Gus Atkinson, Brydon Carse, Ben Duckett, Matthew Potts and Josh Tongue received the contract for the first time.
Zak Crawley has been offered a two-year England central contract.