Players.bio is a large online platform sharing the best live coverage of your favourite sports: Football, Golf, Rugby, Cricket, F1, Boxing, NFL, NBA, plus the latest sports news, transfers & scores. Exclusive interviews, fresh photos and videos, breaking news. Stay tuned to know everything you wish about your favorite stars 24/7. Check our daily updates and make sure you don't miss anything about celebrities' lives.

Contacts

  • players.bio

Michael Carrick confident of keeping record-breaker Bruno Fernandes at Man Utd

Manchester United manager Michael Carrick is confident Premier League player of the season Bruno Fernandes will still be at Old Trafford next term.

United captain Fernandes capped a stellar campaign by breaking the competition’s single-season assists record and scoring in Sunday’s emphatic 3-0 win at Brighton.

Following last year’s 15th-placed finish under Ruben Amorim, the 31-year-old turned down the chance to move to Saudi Arabia before helping third-placed United secure Champions League qualification this term.

“He’s such an influence for us and he’s been the captain and led by example in different ways,” Carrick said of Fernandes.

Having initially been asked if he was optimistic about keeping the Portugal international, Carrick continued: “I’ve got no reason to think otherwise.

“We’ve loved what he’s done and he loves being here, I think you can see that.

“He wanted to stay on (the pitch), he wants to stay on every single game because he’s enjoying his football, which is fantastic.”

United’s resounding victory at a sweltering Amex Stadium came two days after Carrick signed a two-year contract to remain in charge.

Fernandes set up Patrick Dorgu’s 33rd-minute opener to claim his 21st league assist of the season and break a record previously shared with Kevin De Bruyne and Thierry Henry.

Bryan Mbeumo doubled United’s lead in the closing minutes of the first half before Fernandes rifled home a third early in the second period.

Carrick has revived United’s fortunes with 12 wins from 17 league matches following the turbulent tenure of Amorim and believes there is a “strong foundation” for next season.

“I’m delighted I’m here for longer and we need to keep progressing,” he said.

“There’s work to do. You’ve got to keep

Read more on breakingnews.ie
DMCA