Baku to stay on F1 calendar until 2030
BAKU :Azerbaijan will stay on the Formula One calendar until at least 2030 after the sport announced a four-year contract extension on Saturday.
Players.bio is a large online platform sharing the best live coverage of your favourite sports: Football, Golf, Rugby, Cricket, F1, Boxing, NFL, NBA, plus the latest sports news, transfers & scores. Exclusive interviews, fresh photos and videos, breaking news. Stay tuned to know everything you wish about your favorite stars 24/7. Check our daily updates and make sure you don't miss anything about celebrities' lives.

BAKU :Azerbaijan will stay on the Formula One calendar until at least 2030 after the sport announced a four-year contract extension on Saturday.
BAKU: The Azerbaijan Grand Prix is set to stay on the Formula 1 calendar until at least 2030 after receiving a four-year contract extension Saturday. The contract for the street circuit on the Baku seafront had been due to expire after next year’s race. Azerbaijan was widely considered a surprise choice of host ahead of its first race in 2016 but has become known for unpredictable racing, with Sergio Perez the only driver to win there more than once. “The circuit is unique, with technical sections and long straights that run through the stunning shoreline and historic old town, delivering an eventful and entertaining race every year,” F1 president and chief executive Stefano Domenicali said in a statement. “This renewal reflects the strong trust and commitment between Formula 1, the Azerbaijani government, and the promoter, and paves the way for an exciting future in the country.” This year’s Azerbaijan Grand Prix takes place Sunday.
MONACO: Formula 1 extended its contract with the Monaco Grand Prix for four more years on Friday, keeping one of the sport’s most iconic races on the calendar until 2035. It is the second contract renewal in less than 12 months for Monaco, which signed a six-year extension to 2031 last November. Monaco was first raced in 1929 and held the second official Formula 1 World Championship race on its twisty streets back in 1950. It has been part of the F1 calendar since 1955, excluding the COVID-hit 2020 season. “The renewal of the Monaco Grand Prix until 2035 is in keeping with a sporting and historical tradition to which the principality remains deeply attached,” Monaco’s head of state Prince Albert II said. “I can only welcome this renewed commitment, which is testament to our collective success, the excellence of our collaboration with Formula 1, and the unique place that Monaco occupies in the international motorsport landscape.” With old-school glamor and a harbor filled with luxury yachts, Monaco is known as “the jewel in the crown” of F1, but it’s by far the slowest circuit of the year. Tight, twisty and not really suited to modern F1 cars, Monaco is a throwback to the series origins in the 1950s.
LONDON :Formula One has a plan to keep the show on the road should season-ending races in Qatar and Abu Dhabi be affected by conflict in the Middle East, chief executive Stefano Domenicali said on Tuesday.
LONDON :Silverstone circuit could stay on the Formula One calendar forever with no real rival to host the British Grand Prix, the sport's chief executive Stefano Domenicali said on Tuesday ahead of this weekend's race.
SPIELBERG, Austria: The Austrian Grand Prix at the Red Bull Ring will stay on the calendar through 2041 after announcing on Sunday (Jun 29) a contract extension that equals Miami as the longest in Formula One.
The Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal will stay on the calendar through 2035 after agreeing a four-year extension to the existing deal, Formula One said on Tuesday.
BANGKOK: Thailand's Cabinet has approved a US$1.2 billion bid to host a Formula 1 street race in its capital Bangkok in 2028, government officials said on Tuesday (Jun 17).