Banned former FIFA president criticizes organization's decision on Folarin Balogun
OutKick founder Clay Travis discusses FIFA's decision to lift U.S. soccer star Folarin Balogun's red card suspension on ‘Fox Report.’
Players.bio is a large online platform sharing the best live coverage of your favourite sports: Football, Golf, Rugby, Cricket, F1, Boxing, NFL, NBA, plus the latest sports news, transfers & scores. Exclusive interviews, fresh photos and videos, breaking news. Stay tuned to know everything you wish about your favorite stars 24/7. Check our daily updates and make sure you don't miss anything about celebrities' lives.

OutKick founder Clay Travis discusses FIFA's decision to lift U.S. soccer star Folarin Balogun's red card suspension on ‘Fox Report.’
LAUSANNE: Fifty members of the European Parliament have urged FIFA’s ethics committee to investigate their president Gianni Infantino for awarding a ‘peace prize’ to US President Donald Trump. The MEPs signed a letter, supporting a complaint by British-based sports human rights lobbying group FairSquare in December. The letter, dated June 29 and released on Thursday night by FairSquare, said that FIFA’s code of ethics required Infantino “remain politically neutral.” The letter made clear that the 50 MEPs from 13 European countries were echoing FairSquare. It quoted the NGO’s request that FIFA’s “ethics committee investigate whether the decisions to introduce an annual FIFA peace prize and then award the prize to President Trump were taken by the FIFA Council or by the bureau of the council or unilaterally by Mr.Infantino himself.” The MEPS added: “This complaint represents an opportunity for FIFA to prove its commitment to political neutrality, transparency, and accountability.” Of FIFA’s 211 member nations, only Norway, whose football federation in June wrote a letter calling for an investigation, has so far joined criticism of the ‘peace prize’. FairSquare said in an accompanying press release that the letter was “the most significant intervention by European policymakers into misgovernance and rulebreaking at the top of the world game since the European Parliament called on Infantino’s predecessor Sepp Blatter to resign in 2015.” Blatter announced his resignation in June 2015, shortly after he was re-elected president. The 50 MEPS are primarily Social Democrats, Liberals, and Greens.
TOKYO: In the early 2000s Sepp Blatter, the then-head of football’s governing bodyFIFA,spoke of where he saw the sport going.
Presiden Amerika Serikat Donald Trump dipastikan akan memberikan trofi kepada negara pemenang Piala Dunia 2026.
U.S. President Donald Trump will present the trophy to the winners of the World Cup final in New Jersey on July 19, FIFA president Gianni Infantino has confirmed.
June 8 : Former UEFA president Michel Platini has launched civil and criminal legal proceedings in France against world soccer’s governing body FIFA and its current president Gianni Infantino over corruption allegations in 2015 that ended his bid to lead the organisation.
VANCOUVER: FIFA President Gianni Infantino said on Thursday that he planned to seek re-election for a fourth term in a bid to continue to lead the governing body of world soccer. Infantino confirmed he would run for the 2027–2031 term in the closing moments of the FIFA Congress in Vancouver, which comes less than two months before the start of the World Cup. The election will be held on March 18 in Morocco, which is set to co-host the 2030 World Cup. Infantino said he was “honored and humbled” to have the chance to run for a fourth term. The Italian-Swiss took office in 2016, replacing Sepp Blatter, and was re-elected unopposed in 2019 and 2023. Infantino has pushed for the expansion of FIFA competitions during his tenure, with this year’s World Cup in North America the first to feature 48 teams, while the women’s tournament in 2023 has been expanded to 32 teams. Infantino’s tenure has also drawn some criticism over issues such as high World Cup ticket prices and the decision to award the inaugural FIFA Peace Prize to US President Donald Trump at the World Cup draw in December. Earlier this month, the council of South American football’s governing body (CONMEBOL) said in a statement it would unanimously support the 56-year old if he decided to seek another term.
VANCOUVER, April 30 : FIFA President Gianni Infantino said on Thursday that he planned to seek re-election for a fourth term in a bid to continue to lead the governing body of world soccer.