timesofindia.indiatimes.com
01.07.2022 / 06:01
67%
739
Rafael Nadal taking extra care with COVID scare at Wimbledon
Rafael Nadal is not taking any chances with COVID-19 and staying indoors when he is not on court, the Spaniard said on Thursday with three big names in the men's singles draw having pulled out of Wimbledon after contracting the virus. Spain's Roberto Bautista Agut joined Croatian Marin Cilic, the former U.S. Open champion and 2017 Wimbledon runner-up, and Italian eighth seed Matteo Berrettini, who lost to Novak Djokovic in the 2021 final, in withdrawing from the Grand Slam. Nadal, who tested positive for coronavirus at the end of last year, said he was taking extra precautions. "No, no, no paranoia at all. Reality," he told reporters after reaching the third round with a 6-4 6-4 4-6 6-3 victory over Ricardas Berankis on Thursday. "That's the thing. A good friend of mine today had to pull out, Roberto Bautista, with another case. When this kind of stuff happens it's because probably a lot of cases are around."