Draper says injury rate in men's game is worrying
LONDON, June 28 : Britain's Jack Draper says tournaments will suffer if something is not done to address the amount of injuries in the men's game.
Players.bio is a large online platform sharing the best live coverage of your favourite sports: Football, Golf, Rugby, Cricket, F1, Boxing, NFL, NBA, plus the latest sports news, transfers & scores. Exclusive interviews, fresh photos and videos, breaking news. Stay tuned to know everything you wish about your favorite stars 24/7. Check our daily updates and make sure you don't miss anything about celebrities' lives.

LONDON, June 28 : Britain's Jack Draper says tournaments will suffer if something is not done to address the amount of injuries in the men's game.
LONDON: Wimbledon begins on Monday, with defending champion Jannik Sinner chasing a fifth Grand Slam title and women’s top seed Aryna Sabalenka chasing her first major of the year. In the absence of rival and two-time Wimbledon winner Carlos Alcaraz, Sinner is the clear favorite this year, but the Italian may have to contend with the hot weather and his own lack of preparation as he seeks to defend his title. After his second-round defeat at the French Open from a near-winning position when he cramped up in sizzling conditions, the 24-year-old skipped the warm-up tournaments ahead of the grasscourt slam. He said this could work to his benefit, however, ahead of his opening clash with Serbian Miomir Kecmanovic on Monday. “If you play a tournament before here, maybe it’s not going the way you would like to, you come here with some doubts,” he told reporters on Saturday. “If you don’t play any tournament, you don’t have these doubts, you just go and play.” Sabalenka has been at the top of the WTA rankings since late 2024, but the Belarusian has only won one Grand Slam title in the past 18 months, despite reaching four finals.
LONDON — Jannik Sinner said he changed his physical workload after his French Open meltdown, when he felt ill and dizzy in a second-round loss.
LONDON: Jannik Sinner insists he is ready to defend his Wimbledon title despite going into the tournament with a lack of action on grass courts. Sinner hasn’t played since suffering a shock defeat against Juan Manuel Cerundolo in the second round of the French Open in May. The world number one blew a two-set lead as he wilted in stifling heat on the clay courts of Roland Garros. Instead of maximizing his time on grass ahead of Wimbledon, which starts on Monday, the Italian has opted to rest before stepping up his practice schedule after arriving in London. It is the first time he has stayed away from the Wimbledon warm-up events prior to playing in the grass-court Grand Slam. “I feel good. I think grass is very different surface obviously. If you play a tournament before here, maybe it’s not going the way you would like to, you come here with some doubts.
LONDON, June 27 : Wimbledon top seed Aryna Sabalenka on Saturday defended a prize-money protest by leading players despite the grasscourt Grand Slam increasing its pot by a record 20 per cent this year.
June 27 : World number one and defending champion Jannik Sinner said he is feeling better ahead of Wimbledon, following his shock early exit at the French Open, and has a plan in place to better cope with extreme heat.
BENGALURU, June 26 : Defending champion Jannik Sinner returns to Wimbledon with his aura of invincibility dented after a dominant stretch, leaving the world number one to prove he can impose his game on grass and keep the challengers led by Novak Djokovic at bay.
LONDON: Serena Williams will find out who she’s facing in the first round at Wimbledon — for her first singles match in nearly four years, and at age 44 — when the draw is held Friday.The seven-time Wimbledon singles champion accepted a wild-card entry to the grass-court Grand Slam, where she’ll also compete in doubles with her older sister Venus, who turned 46 last week.It’s all part of a tennis comeback that started with two doubles warmup matches but kicked into high gear Sunday when All England Club announced Serena would play singles.Because she has no ranking, the 23-time Grand Slam singles champion could potentially face a highly ranked player such as defending champion Iga Swiatek or No. 1 Aryna Sabalenka.Williams hasn’t played a singles match since a third-round loss to Ajla Tomljanovic at the 2022 US Open.